Hello Folks, how are you? We hope, your preparation is going on awesome. Here we are back with latest information about bank exam like important point related to Punjab National bank, Canara bank and Bank of Baroda. As you know getting job in banking sector is toughest part in our life. So there are many students are going participate in Upcoming bank exam. So here we are providing bank exam study material.
Important Point about Punjab national bank:
- Punjab national bank (PNB) was registered under Indian Companies Act 1882, On 19 May 1894.
- Punjab National bank (PNB) was established in Lahore in 12 April 1895.
- PNB headquarter – New Delhi
- Who was first chairmen and Managing director of Punjab national Bank (PNB) –Sardar Dayal Singh Majithia
- When nationalization time chairman and Managing director of Punjab national bank –Somesh Chandra Trikha
- Current Chairman and MD of Punjab national bank – S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- It is one of the four largest banks in India and second largest Public sector bank.
- Punjab national bank is purely managed by Indian.
- Punjab national bank was acquired with Universal Bank of India in 1961.
- Punjab national bank was tool over Nedungadi Bank; it was oldest Private sector bank in Kerala.
- In 2000, PNB was ranked 1243 in the Forbes Global.
- It has more than 5000 branches include 5 overseas Branch.
Award received by Punjab national bank:
- Best bank award in 2011
- FIBAC 2011, “Most Productive Public sector bank”,
Tag Line of Punjab national bank – Name you can bank upon
Important Point about Canara Bank:
- Canara bank was established in 1 July 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao pai.
- Old name of Canara bank –Canara Hindu Permanent Fund
- It was changed name in 1910 as Canara bank Limited.
- First CMD of Canara bank – S.Raman
- The central bank of India was registered canara bank acquired G. Raghumathmul bank in Hyderabad on 1958.
- Canara bank was nationalized in 19 July 1969; it was renamed as Canara bank after nationalized.
- Canara bank was launched 1000th branch in 1976.
- Canara bank has become first Indian bank to got ISO certification for “Total Branch banking”.
- Canara bank was achieved hundred percent branch computerization.
- It was completed 100th year in banking service.
- Current CMD of Canara bank – Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
- Headquarter of Canara bank –Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Important Point about – Bank of Baroda full details
- Bank of Baroda was established on 1908 by Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad III.
- Headquarter of Bank of Baroda – Vadodara, Gujarat
- Current CMD of Bank of Baroda – Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) is one of the largest banks in India.
- BoB is ranked 763 in Frobes Global 2000 List.
- Total branch of BoB-3409
- Total BoB ATMs-1657
- Bank of Baroda was set up first overseas branch in London on 1957.
- Bank of Baroda was nationalized in 1969 by Government of India.
- Three banks were jointly opened a Bank India BIA bank in Malaysia (Include BoB, Indian Overseas Bank and Andhra bank)
- BOB has opened branch in New Zealand on 2010.
- BoB has the maximum number of overseas branch and office in abroad.