Hello friends, how are you? Here we are going to talk about bank exam study material, bank exam syllabus and Bank exam previous year question paper. We know, many students are preparation for competitive exam like bank, UPSC, IAS, state exam, SSC, railways and other government exam. But now all of worrying about exam study material, exam pattern and practice set. So here we are going to provide exam study material as well as bank exam syllabus and pattern.
So here today we are providing valuable information about banking awareness study material like banking history, banking terminology, about RBI, important point about SBI, latest banking news, full details about banks and financial system in India. As you know that banking history is most important part generally asked in IBPS, SBI exam. So those students are really want gain your knowledge about bank must check this article.
Banking history brief knowledge for IBPS, SBI and RRB exam 2015:
- The main origin of bank in India was setup in 18th century
- The First bank was established in India on 1770. The Name of the first bank in India was Hindustan bank of India. It was located in Calcutta under European management.
- After that Hindustan bank of India, In 1786 General bank of India was established.
- On 1806 bank of Calcutta was set up in Calcutta. And Bank of Calcutta was the first Presidency bank during the European raj.
- After that bank of Calcutta was changed name on 1809. It was renamed as the Bank of Bengal.
- On 15th April 1840, Second Presidency bank was opened in Bombay-It was named as Bank of Bombay
- The third Presidency bank was established in Madras named as Bank of Madras in British raj.
- Allahabad bank was opened in 1865 and also working today. It is the oldest bank of India and also known as one of India’s oldest stocks Bank of India.
- These three Banks were worked as quasi Central bank of India (RBI) for many years.
- HSBC bank was established in Bengal in year 1869.
- The Punjab national bank was established at Lahore in Punjab. It was purely managed by Indian. Punjab national bank was become second largest public sector bank in India.
- After established Punjab National bank, Central bank of India was set up in 1911. It was first Indian Commercial bank which was fully managed by Indians. It was also known as India’s first Swadeshi bank.
- After World War I, bank of Calcutta, Bank of madras and bank of Bombay were emerged to from of Imperial bank of India.later Impeial bank of india was renamned as State bank of India. State bank of India was oldest bank in India. It was was established in 1955.
- After that Hilton-young Commission submitted its report.
- Reserve bank of India act was passed in 1935 and on the recommendation of Hilton–young commission.
- Reserve bank of India was established on 1st April 1935 with initial capital worth Rs.5 cr with 5 lakh share.