Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS) is the government organization established in 1975 for the recruitments related to banking sector for many banks in India. Every year IBPS conducts recruitment for various posts like Clerk, PO, RRB-PO, and SO for all banks under IBPS in India. Since there are many applicants for these jobs and vacancies are relatively very less. So It’s a tough competition for IBPS aspirants to qualify examination and interviews.
In common all IBPS examinations consist of these five sections:
- General Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General English
- Computer Basics
Here is the pattern of examination for all IBPS Examinations:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time||Total Marks|
Here are some tips and tricks for those who want to appear in IBPS PO, Clerk, RRB-PO and Specialist Officers examinations.
1: How to prepare for General Awareness:
General Awareness section is the key section for aspirants to score maximum marks in minimum time as it takes no time to answer General Knowledge questions if we are aware of these. In any examination of IBPS and other Government organizations, General Awareness is always asked. So once you are preparing for it, It will be beneficiary for many examinations.
Most students face difficulties in this section due to lack of knowledge about current affairs, and many face problems because mostly technical students find it difficult to prepare for General awareness. To be well prepared for General Awareness here are some key tips for you:
- Keep updated with current news. Read newspaper on regular basis.
- Watch current affairs programs on TV and news.
- Read monthly magazines and make notes of happenings all around.
- Make short notes and keep them with you for revision in free time.
- Internet is the solution to all problems. Browse internet and learn about current trends as much as you can.
- Participate in online quizzes.
- Discuss about current trends with your colleagues and friends.
2.How to prepare for Logical reasoning:
Logical reasoning test is the test of real conscience of a person. In a problem or situation how you react and how you handle it, is judged by logical test. Many students who like to cram things face difficulties in this part. To improve logical reasoning you must follow these simple tips:
- Watch online videos of reasoning classes.
- Play mind games like Chess, Sudoku etc.
- Answer lies within the question, so carefully read the question.
- Time is limited, so boost your skills to solve mathematical problems
- Remember the sequencing of alphabets, which alphabets come after/before which alphabet.
- Knowledge of directions must be good.
- Knowledge of relations is important.
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude:
Quantitative Aptitude section plays the role of decider in scoring good in such examinations. As some students with technical background can solve mathematics easily, and some may face difficulty in attempting such questions. You must prepare well for this mathematical section as it consumes most time.
Here are some tips for improving Quantitative Aptitude:
- Practice is necessary in mathematics, so keep practicing various exercises again and again.
- Time management is important in such questions, so improve your skills to solve mathematical problems as fast as you can do.
- Read NCERT mathematics books for junior classes like 10th, 9th and 8th. These books explain mathematics in a simpler way than none.
- Attempt online tests for Aptitude.
- Remember formulae and short tricks.
- Repeat all.
4.How to prepare for General English:
Most of the IBPS-PO aspirants face problems in General English section of this examination. As English is not our local language and we don’t speak it often so we struggle with it. Mostly aspirants with Hindi Medium schooling background face problem in this section. There are no short tricks in English, you need to learn it as it is. So make your interest in reading English, your results will shine.
Here are some tips for you to improve English:
- Prefer reading English newspaper instead of some local language.
- While reading paper note down words that are new to you, search them and try to use it in your sentences.
- Try to speak English in your friends and colleagues.
- Read novels as these won’t bore you and will entertain you with some positive vocab.
- Read our article carefully as these will help you too to improve English.
- Improve vocabulary.
5: How to prepare for Computer Knowledge:
We use computers a lot on daily basis but we know least about it. This is the problem we face while appearing in any examination because in every examination Computer Basics are asked. Learning about the components we use is not a tough task actually, If we become aware of these than it’s a good scoring subject.
For improving computer knowledge, we have some tips for you:
- Try to know each part of computer you can see.
- Be curious to learn how computer functions, you will come to know many things about it.
- Use internet for learning.
- Regular use of computer makes you aware of its glossary.
- Learn basic programs of Computer like Microsoft office.
- Gather information about Operating systems and hardware of computer.
Things to keep in mind while attempting IBPS Papers:
- Time is everything, So don’t waste too much time on single questions as every question gets an average of 36 seconds time.
- General Awareness, General English and Computer Basics are less time consuming subjects so try to finish these early to get maximum time for remaining two sections.
- Mathematics or Quantitative Aptitude is based on formulae and your calculus so be sharp at solving such questions.
- Logical reasoning consumes more time, so be logical and be patient while attempting questions.
- Wrong attempts punish. So say no to negative marking.