Banking Awareness study material – Reserve bank of India:
Important Point for Reserve bank of India:
- What is the name of Central bank of India – Reserve bank of India(RBI)
- RBI was established on April 1, 1935 with under RBI act 1934
- Reserve bank of India was set up on the recommendation of the Hilton Young Commission.
- Total Number of Central bank of India –only one
- The Hilton Young Commission agreed its report in 1926.
- Reserve bank of India was constructed as with fully paid-up Capital of Rs.5 Cr.
- Reserve bank of India was nationalized in year of 1949.
- RBI is not Include Commercial bank.
- Headquarter of RBI was at Calcutta now moved in Mumbai after 1937.
- There are total 26 regional office of RBI
- Sir Osborne Smith was first governor of Reserve bank of India.
- CD deshmukh was the first Indian governor of RBI (1943-1949)
- Name of the RBI governor which was also prime minister of India – Dr. Manmohan Singh
- Name of the first female governor of Reserve bank of India –KJ Udeshi
- Reserve bank of India (RBI) is the statuary body.
- The RBI governor is also known as Executive head.
- The RBI governor is associated by four deputy governor
- Reserve bank of India (RB) is also member bank of Asian Clearing Union
- RBI is also member of IMF
- RBI is solely authority in India which is responsible for creating notes for all domination.
- Emblem of RBI-Panther and palm Tree
- RBI can print 17 languages in Bank Notes.
Here we are giving List of RBI Governor:
List of RBI Governor –(1934-2013):
|Name of the Governor||Time period|
|1.Sir Osborne Smith||1935-1937|
|2.Sir james Braid Taylor||1937-1943|
|4.Sir Benegal Rama Rau||1949-1957|
|20. Dr.Bimal jalan||1997-2003|
|23.Dr.Raghuram G.Rajan||2013-till now|
List of female Governor of RBI:
|Name of the female Deputy governor||Time period|
|K J Udeshi||2003-2005|
|Shyamala Gopinath||2004-2009 and 2009-2011|
|Smt Usha Thoart||2005-2010|