Here In this article we are representing the valuable information banking awareness study material 2015. So those students are going to participate in IBPS, SBI, Clerk and PO exam must read this article. Here you can gain your knowledge about Banking awareness, Banking Terminology, all about bank and financial system, important point about SBI, PNB, Canara Bank, and other basic knowledge.
All about bank – State bank of India and Associate Bank:
State bank of India and Associate bank – Important point always remember:
- State bank of India (SBI) is largest Indian bank and financial institution company in our country.
- Headquarter of State bank of India – Mumbai
- State bank of India (SBI) is state Owned bank
- SBI Founded -1st July 1959
History of State bank Of India:
- In earlier, Bank of Bengal was set up in 1806 in Kolkata. Bank of Bengal was first Presidency bank of India.
- Bank of Bombay in 1840 and bank of Madras these two presidency banks was established during British raj.
- These Presidency banks were private shareholder’s bank.
- British company was also contributed to the share capital of each of them.
- After then Presidency banks were received the exclusive right to issue paper currency in 1861 with the paper Currency act.
- After in 1920, these banks were replaced into the Imperial bank of India (IBI) which was established in 27 January 1921.
- After according to the parliament act, State bank of India Act 1955 Imperial bank of India was obtained by the central bank of India.
- After then Central bank of India (RBI) was replaced Imperial Bank of India as State bank of India, State bank of India act was passed in 1959.
Name of the state bank of India and Associate bank:
- State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State bank of Mysore (SBM)
- State bank of Travancore (SBT)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
Important point about State bank of India:
Important Fact about SBI Check here:
- State bank of India is shortly known as SBI.
- Established -1955
- Headquarter –Mumbai
- Current Chairman – Arundhati Bhattacharya
- State bank of Bikaner and Jaipur were merged to form with SBBJ in 1963.
- Total number of SBI associate bank – five
- Total number of Foreign office -137 in 32 countries
- State bank of India (SBI) has 43,515 ATM’s and include associate bank ATMS has 51, 491.
- SBI has 15, 869 branches in all over India
- Arunshati Bhattacharya is became the first lady to appointed as Chairperson of State bank of India.
- Tagline of State bank of India (SBI)-PURE BANKING, NOTHING ELSE, WITH YOU-ALL THE WAY, A BANK OF THE COMMAN MAN “,
- State bank of India (SBI) has opened 15000th Branch at Sooraman (Tamil Nadu)
- State Bank of India has become first bank to open an ATM at Drass in the Jammu &Kashmir kargil region.
- State bank of India has been become first bank to open branch in China.
- Best Bankers award in 2009
- D&B Polaries (1)
- SKOCH Corrporate Excellence
- PC Quest
- Edge Awards
- Asia’s CSR Practice Awards
- Asian BFCI Awards
- Best Public Sector bank awards
- Best online banking awards 2010 by IBA
- The Best bank in cash management