Important Point about NABARD:
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development is shortly known as NABARD, It was established on 12 July 1982.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) is apex development bank in India, set up at Mumbai.
- National Bank for Agriculture and rural Development (NABARD) was established on the recommendation of Sivaraman Committee on 12th July 1982 at Mumbai.
- The Chairman of NABARD Apex development bank Dr.Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- NABARD was established by the Central bank of India (RBI) under the championship of Shri B.Srivaraman.
- National bank of Agriculture Development bank (NABARD) was organized by replacing the Agricultural Credit Development (ACD) and Rural Planning and Credit cell (RPCC) of Central bank of India (RBI).
Main Function of NABARD Apex Development bank in details:
- It is providing service to rural India by enhancing the credit flow for evaluation of agriculture and rural area.
- It was formed with initial capital of Rs.100 Cr now which increased to almost 2000 Cr. It is fully organized by the Government of India and Central bank of India.
- NABARD Apex development bank with a direction for providing and regulating credit and other facilities for the promotion and growth in agriculture field, small scale industries, cottage and rural small industries and other rural activities in rural area.
- It is providing integrated rural Development program.
- NABARD works on development Women and Children in rural areas, like NABARD organization prepared guidelines for promoting group activities under the programme and also provides 100 percent refinance support.
- It is providing training cum production centers for women in rural area.
- NABARD organization has been implementing different foreign aided projects; these projects are assisted by World Bank group and other foreign countries organizations.
Some Important point always keeps in mind related to NABARD organization:
- NABARD Abbreviation – National Bank of Agriculture Rural Development bank
- NABARD Headquarter – Mumbai
- NABARD Established which Year-12 July 1982
- Current Chairman of NABARD organization – Harish Kumar Bhanwala
- In year 2007 NABARD organization has completed 25 years.
- NABARD recommendation by which committee: Shivaramans Committee
- NABARD organization is also regulated Cooperative bank as well as RRB.
- Recently NABARD organization announced rural innovation award to celebrate its 30th foundation day.
Net Preforming assets (NPA):
Full Details about NPA Click here